Exhibition Opening Friday 17th November
FREE admission, all are welccome
Delivery is due Saturday 11th and the Tuesday 14th for Second round selection of selected pieces.
Submission is now CLOSED for artists to submit artworks to be considered for this exhibition. Selection is in process. Due to the extremely high volume of entries this year, our small team are working under pressure to process the selection emails - please bear with us, we hope to reach everyone with an update by Friday close of business time.
This Open Submission Group Show is a season highlight and an opportunity to further promote and strengthen the vibrant visual arts community in the Midlands and beyond. We’re excited to work with a different guest selector each year, bringing their experience and unique flavour to one of the most anticipated Exhibitions in the Dunamaise Calendar.
Contact the Box Office for queries on email@example.com or by phone to 057 86 63355
Each year a different external Guest Selector is invited to curate this exhibition. The Guest Selector will consider all submissions, and curate a show suitable for Dunamaise Gallery.
Feedback to artists is it at the discretion of the Guest Selector.
Blaise Smith R.H.A.
Blaise Smith R.H.A. is one of Ireland’s leading Figurative painters. He is adept at realist Landscapes, Portraits and still-lives.
In 2019, his landscape work was exhibited in Shaping Ireland in the National Gallery of Ireland - a survey show of Irish Landscape since the 1700s. In 2017, his portrait “My Parents” was runner up in the National Gallery’s Zurich Portrait Prize and the previous year he won the Irish Arts Review Portrait Prize at the RHA with his much-celebrated group portrait “8 Scientists”, a portrait of leading Irish female Scientists for the Royal Irish Academy and Accenture’s “Women on Walls” Campaign. He has completed several large-scale commissions, has had numerous solo shows and his work is held in many Public and Private Collections. Elected as full member of the Royal Hibernian Academy in 2015, he teaches advanced oil painting techniques, drawing and composition at the RHA Drawing School and regularly gives talks to accompany his exhibitions.
One artist will be awarded a Solo Exhibition at Dunamaise Gallery. Dates subject to availability. Terms and conditions apply.
- Online Digital Submissions Deadline Monday 6 November
- Delivery of Shortlisted Artworks to Dunamaise Saturday 11 and Tuesday 14 November
- Exhibition Open from Friday 17 November*
- Exhibition Closes Saturday 6 January
- Collection of Unsold Art Work By Tuesday 9 January
- * Exhibition Reception Date TBC
- Dunamaise Open Submission is open to all artists, working in all media, with an interest in exhibiting work in one of the Midlands premiere Arts Centres.
- Please keep in mind the size of artworks submitted, as this is a Group Show and space for larger works is limited; max. 1.5m advised.
- Ideally all work should be for sale but if preferred, you may mark it NFS. 25% commission will apply to all sales during the exhibition.
- Artists may submit up to 2 pieces of work in .jpeg format and MAX file size 1MB each.
- If selected: work must then be physically submitted, ready to hang, in exhibition quality condition.
- Where prints and photographs are submitted, the number of prints available for sale from each of the editions must be stated.
- Include recommended display instructions (Dunamaise will take into consideration all instructions but will have sole discretion on final display).
- Artists are responsible for the safety and insurance of the work during transport.
- Artists must ensure that submitted pieces are made of materials appropriate for transportation, normal pre/post-show handling, storage and exhibition.
- The work will be insured by Dunamaise Arts Centre from the date the work arrives on site and is checked, up to the relevant collection date.
- No work will be stored or insured after the collection date.
- All work must be submitted ready to hang, with completed submission slip securely attached to each piece and all necessary fixtures securely attached.
- Selection will be based on the work submitted; no substitutions may be made later.
- Up to 2 but as few as none may be selected for the exhibition.
- No work previously exhibited in Laois may be submitted.
- The decision of the selector is final; they will have sole discretion on final display and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Artists will be informed about selection once the Selector has made their final decision.
- The venue reserves the right to use images of submitted work in any publicity surrounding the exhibition. Artists will be acknowledged at all times.
- Dunamaise reserves the right not to include work it considers unsuitable for public exhibition in a civic space.